Spray. Wipe. Dry. How hard can it be?
Actually, COVID-19 disinfection is a little more complicated than this, especially when it comes to high touch points (HTP). While we are all acutely aware of the ongoing need to get a handle on the spread of pathogens and stem the spread of bacteria and viruses, it can be hard to know where to start.
Thankfully, staying on top of COVID sanitizing doesn’t require a knowledge of alchemy or any specialized equipment. We’ve noted down the salient points to help you get – and stay – germ-free.
Examples of High Touch Points
Firstly, what are high touch points? HTPs are areas within your home, school, or work environment that are most frequently touched. The more hands that come into contact with a surface, the greater the chance of it transmitting germs.
- Door handles
- Light switches
- Toilet flush handles
- Stair rails
- Fridge or microwave door handles
- Desks and chairs
HTP Cleaning Tips
We have to accept the fact that we will never eliminate every germ in our home. However, targeted sanitization helps us to focus on the riskier areas so that we don’t become overwhelmed with the sheer volume of work that needs to be done.
The most straightforward touch point sanitization rules are:
- Identify HTP areas in your home and set up a cleaning schedule
- Be sure to clean these areas daily, especially if you have a sick family member at home
- Ensure that you’re using the right sanitizer
- Make sure that your sanitizer contains at least 70% alcohol and is not out of date
- Always read the label to ensure proper use
- If an area is visibly dirty, clean with a household detergent before using sanitizer
- Work from the top to the bottom of a surface in an S-shaped pattern
- Wear gloves while cleaning, and dispose of them safely afterward
- Ensure adequate ventilation while cleaning
It’s worth remembering that COVID-19 is an enveloped virus that requires the action of a disinfectant that can compromise the outer structure. So, let’s not become complacent in our cleaning regime and treat it with the respect it requires.
Professional Cleaning Services
Don’t allow yourself to be paralyzed by the idea that you must sanitize every surface in your space. To combat high-risk areas, establish a regular, thorough schedule of effective cleaning of high touch points.
It is also worth looking into professional house cleaning services to handle the bigger jobs that you may not get around to. These ongoing tasks are also essential to maintaining a clean home and help to lessen the burden on you.
It would be our pleasure to help you keep your home sanitized and clean, especially at this time. We’ve set up our cleaning services to give you all of what you need, and none of what you don’t.
Please feel free to request a quote from our friendly team.